When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master serial number and symbol

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cl222

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just now took a good look at my bb on my 1915-1916 sears master. just above the serial number there is a little symbol. What is this there for? Also the 3 seems to be backwards at the start of the numbers or its an E. There is a very small chance it is a poorly stamped 8 as the ends look intentional and don't seem to just fade out as if it just wasn't marked good.
Anybody have any Info on why this is and what the symbol means?
Untitled_zpsa20a3b71-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone? do other Masters share this marking or is it just mine?

I have a Sears Victor frame, these were offered alongside each other in the Sears catalog. I can't be sure that they were manufactured in the same factory though, maybe Chitown can chime in on this? Anyways, the serial # on my frame is 21040 and no weird symbol or backwards 3. Good luck with your search, can we see a pic of the entire bike?

By the way I need a sprocket for my Victor.

I have a Sears Victor frame, these were offered alongside each other in the Sears catalog. I can't be sure that they were manufactured in the same factory though, maybe Chitown can chime in on this? Anyways, the serial # on my frame is 21040 and no weird symbol or backwards 3. Good luck with your search, can we see a pic of the entire bike?

By the way I need a sprocket for my Victor.

Here is the whole bike.
image_zpsa3fb726f-1.jpg

And something to prove this is a master not just some red bike with a master head badge.

Mine
image_zpsaa4f72aa-1.jpg

Another known Master
DSCN1335_zps6efd3574-1.jpg

Cool! Very similar in paint scheme and frame construction to my Victor, do you still have the fenders? If so are you willing to part with them or can you at least show some detailed pic's of them?

Thanks!

Cool! Very similar in paint scheme and frame construction to my Victor, do you still have the fenders? If so are you willing to part with them or can you at least show some detailed pic's of them?

Thanks!
I am currently on the hunt for a set of fenders myself. Its not the first thing I'm looking for right now so if a set pop up for sale I'll tell you. and if you want some more closeups just PM Dave the wave because his has the original fenders. I'm sure he would share some pictures with you.

I just now took a good look at my bb on my 1915-1916 sears master. just above the serial number there is a little symbol. What is this there for? Also the 3 seems to be backwards at the start of the numbers or its an E. There is a very small chance it is a poorly stamped 8 as the ends look intentional and don't seem to just fade out as if it just wasn't marked good.
Anybody have any Info on why this is and what the symbol means?

This is what i'm seeing ... kind of like looking and finding images in clouds.

............. patric

Untitled_zpsa20a3b71-1.jpg

What looks like a 5 or 6 that you pointed out is just a grease ring. Chitown? someones got to know somthin.

I will clean my BB and take another picture when I get back. I'm going on a ride with it for now since I put some real 28''ers on it.

Back