When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mc Schwinn fastback Coppertone

-

Jewelman13

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found an all "original" 1967 Schwinn fastback. Purchased from the original owner who bought it brand new from a Schwinn shop back in 68. I looked over the whole bike and its seems all original... Except the seat. The guy said that it came right out the box just as is... But to me the seat seems like it's from 69? One year only accessory? Regardless it's gonna clean up real nice! Whatcha think?
image_zps1xnylox8jpeg-1.jpg

image_zps1nsbtsfojpeg-1.jpg

image_zps9ajxgpmgjpeg-1.jpg

image_zpsl6fpho8ujpeg-1.jpg

image_zpsabv9wihnjpeg-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would that seat be correct for a 1968 model? Your serial number MC, December 67 = a 1968 Fastback.

What were the changes in the Fastback from '67 to '68? I believe one was the derailleur, Sprint for '67 and Schwinn Approved for '68.

The frame is stamped December of 1967, that is not when the bike was made. These frames were made months prior to the building of the bike. This bike is all correct for a 1968 model.

Would this also be a one year only color Coppertone?

Would this also be a one year only color Coppertone?
I give up making sense of what Scwinn did. Being a production/planning manager for a large manufacturing company I understand them though. Frame bulit in Dec 67 but assembled and sold in 68. No demand in Dec. because the Christmas pipeline was filled in the fall. That seat (may) be a 69 thing but when did they first make it? Thanks for bringing up this older post. I have a 67 I have been wondering about. It's a 67 (GC) and same seat. I asumed a mid 67 with the seat replaced after a year or two. I saw alot of banana seats replaced when i was a kid.and one cut or tear and a kid wouldn't want to ride it.
67coppertone.jpg

Found an all "original" 1967 Schwinn fastback. Purchased from the original owner who bought it brand new from a Schwinn shop back in 68. I looked over the whole bike and its seems all original... Except the seat. The guy said that it came right out the box just as is... But to me the seat seems like it's from 69? One year only accessory? Regardless it's gonna clean up real nice! Whatcha think?
View attachment 605600
View attachment 605601
View attachment 605602
View attachment 605603
View attachment 605604
Seat is also correct. Just yellowed.

Back