eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldmtrcyc

Finally riding a big boys bike
I bought this from a good guy here on the Cabe. I am not sure what level i can take it to, but would like to know:

1. What year is it? (Serial number 117203)

2. Are the stainless fenders correct?

3. Has side stand instead of rear stand, and chain guard. Thinking later additions?

oldmtrcyc

Finally riding a big boys bike

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I can't help you with year--you may be able to pull crank and check for date. I don't believe I have ever seen one of those Rangers with stainless fenders and kickstand and guard are later additions. No guard and should have a drop stand. V/r Shawn

Archie Sturmer

I live for the CABE
Might try to determine a manufacturer; for Mead Rangers usually my 1st guess is A&S, but they had a fire and lost serial number records. Mead also had some dated patents for parts such as the 1916-18 chain ring sprocket and 1919-22 rear “drop outs”.

Last edited:

Archie Sturmer

I live for the CABE
We see that the truss forks are of the older ribbed type or style. For my 1920’s A&S built Mead Crusader, Pathfinder, Ranger and Girls, I use a rule of 8: first two digits of the serial number plus 8 equals the year estimate of my bicycles; it could be way off. So maybe 11 + 8 = 1919 (?). I have other suspected Mead frame sets that do not have an A&S style stamping of the serial numbers, so I don’t use the same rule for those.

Last edited: