When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Question - Frozen Pedal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
PB BLASTER. if there is something that works as good it is the same chemicals with a different name. soak, soak, soak until it comes out.
big sturdy vise made in America at least 50 years ago helps as well. a good dedicated pedal wrench helps.

some old guy from the OLD days once said “Give me a firm place to stand and a lever and I can move the Earth.” ... it is amazing what can be done with a long piece of pipe.
Looks as though I’ll be picking up some PB Blaster at Harbor Freight this morning. A buddy of mine also recommended. I’ve been using a piece of aluminum tubing that is taller than I for my cheater!!! Thank you all for the advice!!!

Last edited:
PB not doing the trick so far. I saturated… tapped… resprayed… wire brushed…. Here’s a photo of my setup with the cheater I used. Next I may try my remote control and couch while this saturates overnight. I’ll purchase a torch if I still can’t get it. The wrench is slipping and I’m also afraid to strip is. Ant ideas are appreciated!!!

EDIT: Oh…. There is an “L” on the pedal and I’m turning clockwise for the reverse thread. The L has not changed positions.

0ABA0C8D-4971-410D-BCA6-6B7D337D2613.jpeg

43EDC8D5-E793-40C5-BE67-31191D15C043.jpeg

Last edited:
PB not doing the trick so far. I saturated… tapped… resprayed… wire brushed…. Here’s a photo of my setup with the cheater I used. Next I may try my remote control and couch while this saturates overnight. I’ll purchase a torch if I still can’t get it. The wrench is slipping and I’m also afraid to strip is. Ant ideas are appreciated!!!

View attachment 1781774

View attachment 1781775
Best bet is a torch and heat only the crank around the threads. Get it red hot, and give it some small force. You shouldn’t need the cheater bar if you heat it. Should come right loose. Gloves are a good idea though. Preferably welding gloves. You can touch red hot steel and it takes a second or two to transfer the heat to your hand. Much better than instantly.

I can see the table with vise / bike flipping over and pedal still stuck..I would have to put bike on ground with foot on frame hopefully chain wheel would sink into dirt. That open-end would have to be top quality and tight fit. I would reach over top of bike and smack end of wrench with hammer but you have to hold onto wrench at point it encircles flat on end of pedal once you are sure of your grip the wrench is gonna break or strip pedal at which point you will still be safe.

Back