When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"MECUM" comedy bicycle debacle....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe

Always entertaining when vintage bicycles hit a venue like this. Eddie Vannoy was a muscle car collector (yawn)
and this makes you wonder if his huge car collection was as cobbled as the bikes..?

Just LOOK at the horrible quality of restorations... except for rare few; 35 schwinn, Hiawatha and Dashboard bike
look surprisingly good.
The rest ...looks like 'Dumb with too much money' had some hack blitz through a fleet of bicycles and make em' shiny with china seats.

Love the Beaten down Fastback for 3300. and a what looks like Ooops wrong shade of campus green
restored one for 6500!!!!

There is a whizzer loaded with repop garbage they call a "Panther Whizzer"...that hit 10 G's.

Repop laden Phantoms and horribly restored B6's for 3000 range...

The icing on the cake.... Repop cheapo 'Schwinn Finest Bicycles' sign.... ALMOST 1000 BUX!!

Just insanity time at the ol' auction house, no wonder the rest of the modern world laughs at or pities us.

It's unfortunate that these mediums have no idea how to authenticate or accurately
describe vintage bicycles. What a Buyer Beware hornets nest!

How do I get a list of the underbidders? LOFL

Last edited:
After reading your description, I'm afraid to click on the link for look see. :tonguewink:

I was keeping an eye on this. When I previewed the bikes, I was very disappointed. It was very sad.

Yea some of that stuff I couldn’t even look at. Both the Indian and Harley were pure figments of someone’s imagination. I know a CABEr who was there and he said the bidding was stupid on most stuff. To twist a line from Animal House “Rich, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son!” V/r Shawn

WHY aren't these people, the bidders, on Ebay? or the CABE?

talk about a shot in the arm for the bike hobby .....Geeeez!

Back