When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memorial Day

-
Tonight's ride.

Home

THE OLD VET ON MEMORIAL DAY. Hotdogs and burgers, sizzling on the grill. People laughing and talking, I pretend to listen but there I sit, alone and still. Parades with smiling faces, waving flags and singing patriotic songs. So many happy voices, I can't hear them. . . there I sit, alone and still. I smile back at them and maybe I'll wave. I stand tall when they play the hymn, but my mind is sometimes in a grave. It's always there, it never leaves, it comes and goes and always wants to stay. This is how I celebrate. . . my Memorial Day.
by David Larson

MEMORIAL DAY IS NOT A "HAPPY OR GREAT DAY" AS SOME MAY HAVE NOTED.

MEMORIAL DAY IS A DAY OF "REMEMBRANCE AND REFLECTION" FOR THOSE MEN AND WOMEN
WHO SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES AND MADE THE "ULTIMATE SACRIFICE" FOR OUR COUNTRY.

WE ARE THANKFUL FOR THEIR SACRIFICE. MAY THEY REST IN PIECE WITH GOD'S ETERNAL BLESSING.

I’ve lost family to the wars of this nation. If I choose to have a great or happy day in their remembrance is entirely up to me and too all that have lost loved ones. If you choose to be somber that’s for you. Not all. I know my uncles and great uncles will be happy I toasted them and celebrated their ultimate sacrifice.

Back