When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memory Lane and Ann Arbor aka Monroe Vendors: A Plea...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unpacking my van after a week of swaps is like an archeological dig; things need to be extracted in layers. It is disgusting and shameful but also like Christmas. You forget what was purchased on Tuesday, and through out the week. The things on this table are from the last 45 minutes of the “first go” at unpacking. The last photos show how much is still in the van.
All of these items were purchased at Memory Lane or Monroe. Most were not tagged. I guess you either swap or don’t swap. If you are expecting items to have prices listed you are going to have to shop online. Even then people are often difficult with pricing. Sorry, but if you are going to have success at swaps you need to “suck it up buttercup” and ask “how much is this sir?”

E2FBB97E-A80C-4E41-BDF6-CE9A6471C1B6.jpeg

78C21206-7BEE-4576-9FB0-0475027E0D4C.jpeg

99BFBC93-2F24-42E5-BF5E-A61B4442CA2B.jpeg

06F94565-36CF-4603-9030-1FEFA4141AB5.jpeg

1FE24154-6E3B-4E6E-BE06-B053C312E4FC.jpeg

B731B34D-7672-4443-B3EF-8130DB47E61F.jpeg

I walked Monroe yesterday checking out what others brought. Some priced their items...some didn't.

As stated I don't price my items. I'm not a business. Just involved in this hobby and I know what I paid for whatever I bring. Part of the fun is talking to others in the hobby. I sold a couple items to other vendors as I intended for reasonable prices.

I sold 1 bike to a kid I assumed was a collector after having 10 or so vendors ask my price with no offers.

Kid was stoked to get the bike for our agreed deal price.

That's how it works. I gave same price to him that I gave to everyone else. He came back a couple times and made a reasonable offer.

He wasn't trying to score... and I was willing to save basically ebay fees.

That's what swaps are all about. A chance to do a face to face transaction where both parties agree to the negotiated price.

Win-win.

Like most all here, Ive been to hundreds, maybe a thousand swaps and sales and auctions.
Unless Im looking for a specific piece, for a specific reason, and am willing to over-pay for that part, I wont look at something past interest in its condition to ask about unmarked parts.
In my experience, those are the parts they are most proud of and have them on display to show their depth in the subject. Also unfortunate is the vendor that sizes you up for the price.
I buy a lot of parts for "later" or whimsy and won't spend time on waiting for the vendor to finish talking with someone else unless its marked.
For me, the marked price is the starting price or the paying price. Im happy with either.
"The art of the deal" is an" I win, you lose situation." It is a greedy and money grubbing angle to which I am happy to walk away from and let that vendor sell to someone of like mind or, clutch that part in their coffin.
Its just "things."

Like most all here, Ive been to hundreds, maybe a thousand swaps and sales and auctions.
Unless Im looking for a specific piece, for a specific reason, and am willing to over-pay for that part, I wont look at something past interest in its condition to ask about unmarked parts.
In my experience, those are the parts they are most proud of and have them on display to show their depth in the subject. Also unfortunate is the vendor that sizes you up for the price.
I buy a lot of parts for "later" or whimsy and won't spend time on waiting for the vendor to finish talking with someone else unless its marked.
For me, the marked price is the starting price or the paying price. Im happy with either.
"The art of the deal" is an" I win, you lose situation." It is a greedy and money grubbing angle to which I am happy to walk away from and let that vendor sell to someone of like mind or, clutch that part in their coffin.
Its just "things."
I agree for the most part. If I see something I need, or desperately want for some stupid reason ( I have many), price marked or not, I will attempt to communicate with the seller, me usually smiling ( hard to keep a poker face/ I don't play cards much, never poker) and being patient if they are busy. Manners, eye contact are key in almost all life's situations. I struggle with patience, but 1 out of 2 is ok? Ha!!

If the part is marked and I feel it's a fair price, I'll usually step up and just buy it. Why play games/lose it being a cheap skate and insulting the seller? If it's over priced (and rare) I may still just buy it, but possibly ask if that's their best price. Hopefully make the deal.

If not marked with a price, & I ask if it's for sale, I then attempt to read their body language/ ensure eye contact from there. Not for sale, I move on. If it is and it's a arrogant vibe, price is insane and I really want it, I may eat crow, but likely not. Then it's a game. Rabbit and greyhound. "I have it ( seller) you don't, Bow down to me". I say..... Fuggett...about...it.....

Last edited:
I agree with the previous comments, priced or not priced if you want it or like it you'll take the time to ask. What I really don't like is when you ask for a price on an untagged item, the seller replies with " I don't know the value, make me an offer". When you make a reasonable offer he responds, "Oh, it's worth more than that" Which means he does have a price in mind. So you can continue to negotiate if you have the time or just move on, or you can participate in his auction.

Back