When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memory Lane Fall Meet Report Thursday Oct. 25th

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What state is that show in?
1540523530969.png

It's always an interesting forensic examination whenever a bike like this shows up.
There's been an endless debate on which carrier/rack is correct for which model year that these bikes were available.
The literature suggests that the reflector tab version of the nine hole McCauley book strap rack is for the 1937 model year, and the version without the reflector is for the 1938 model year.
I've been of the opinion that there really isn't anything too that, and that either rack was available for either year.
View attachment 889726
This bike is a 1937 model as suggested by the profile of the truss rod tangs on the fork, but the no reflector tab rack suggests 1938.
It's hard to tell from a photograph, how original all the parts are to this bike, but according to the literature, that's the wrong year rack on that bike.
I personally don't doubt, that's the rack that originally came on that bike.
Sort of just blowing a hole in the conventional school of thought on which rack is correct for which model year bike.
I know, semantics!
But, for someone who has poured over the literature and studied these bikes, this one is an interesting find.

Marty I agree. Probably a topic for a separate thread but there are some other things about these bikes such as fenders, headlights, and stems that don't always hold true to 'catalog' correct. V/r Shawn

Back