When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memory Lane Summer Swap Meet

-

crazyhawk

Riding an Americolor Shelby
I always loved attending all 3 of the yearly ML swaps, not just the spring swap. The summer swap would only be a couple of months away. Looks like it's going to disappear into nothingness just like a Schwinn Autocycle left unattended in a public bike rack. When August comes, let's all take a moment to mourn.
IMG_20180427_114117 (2).jpg

Sad , but things change. Yesterday I had to go to the VA hospital for some tests, so I had to fast. Got out of there at 1 and was hungry and said to myself, "Tinker , what the heck, let's drive through the old neighborhood, stop get yourself something healthy to eat..... a Chicago style hot dog.
I sat outside on old Roosevelt road [ Before they put in the Eisenhower Expressway it came right into the downtown from the burbs.] and ate my hot dog & fries. Washed it down with a bottle of water...[.Doc says I gotta eat healthier.]....and thought about old times and I thought about all the classic bikes that used to be riding around in the neighborhood where I was sitting, wishing I had them.
Memory Lane is the same thing. We remember it with fondness because it was a happy time for all of us that attended it. At the last Memory Lane swap, my wife sat in our truck for two days, doing her knitting She said as we were driving home." You know, I watched guys faces as they walked back to their cars with their treasures that they bought and everyone of them were smiling and happy..
You guys really have a good time here." I guess Memory Lane will go down as "The good old day"s"
001.JPG
002.JPG

Catfish.....Mark......Larry...... Shawn... Paul.... The Fender Doctor himself......and Darcie
003.JPG
004.JPG

005.JPG

Sad , but things change. Yesterday I had to go to the VA hospital for some tests, so I had to fast. Got out of there at 1 and was hungry and said to myself, "Tinker , what the heck, let's drive through the old neighborhood, stop get yourself something healthy to eat..... a Chicago style hot dog.
I sat outside on old Roosevelt road [ Before they put in the Eisenhower Expressway it came right into the downtown from the burbs.] and ate my hot dog & fries. Washed it down with a bottle of water...[.Doc says I gotta eat healthier.]....and thought about old times and I thought about all the classic bikes that used to be riding around in the neighborhood where I was sitting, wishing I had them.
Memory Lane is the same thing. We remember it with fondness because it was a happy time for all of us that attended it. At the last Memory Lane swap, my wife sat in our truck for two days, doing her knitting She said as we were driving home." You know, I watched guys faces as they walked back to their cars with their treasures that they bought and everyone of them were smiling and happy..
You guys really have a good time here." I guess Memory Lane will go down as "The good old day"s"

Catfish.....Mark......Larry...... Shawn... Paul.... The Fender Doctor himself.

We said.

At the spring meet, Harv and Lisa told me they plan to continue having the swap meet there. Better check with them before writing it off.

Back