When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Mens 26 schwinn dx frame 39 40

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
seeing if anyone has a 39 40 or 41schwinn dx frame they are willing to sell let me know

Last edited:
First year of DX was'39, straight down bar and drop stand ears! If you find a'36 DX I'll take one also, JK good luck in your search! There out there!

First year of DX was'39, straight down bar and drop stand ears! If you find a'36 DX I'll take one also, JK good luck in your search! There out there!
Woops Thanks for the heads up lol, if i come across a 36 ill send the guy right your way. This will be my first dx project I have a bunch of 39 parts and i saw some listingings 36 to 39, thats what i get for not researching. I always learn more here.

DX and straight bars are my favorite! Way cooler than the cantilever, IMHO! Good luck and let's see what you come up with!

seeing if anyone has a 39 40 or 41schwinn dx frame they are willing to sell let me know

Hello PA guy,
I have a 1940 DX Frame and Fork with Truss Rods that I could let go (as much as I hate to ... ) but here are the details and pictures:
I bought this last Oct. from a CABE member up in Minn. and it was covered in house paint (yellow)
I took it to my favorite Powder Coating shop and they media blasted it and did a beautiful Reddish-Orange finish and the frame/fork/chainguard ...
I then had a paint shop do an ivory (antique white) over the head tube and into the frame about 3" ...
I then added DECALS for the "Darts" (Arrows) which I wasn't happy with (they WILL scratch off with your fingernails)
The Chainguard turned out VERY nice as I had a pinstriper fill in the channels with ivory (antique white)
Here is what I have invested in it:
Original purchase for the frame & fork $105.00 (awesome deal !)
Planes/trains/race car head badge $45.00
Powder Coating job frame/fork/chainguard $150.00
Pin-striping the chainguard $40.00
You can see I have invested $340.00 for everything above ( Frame / Truss Rod Fork / Chainguard / Headbadge )
SO ..... what I can offer this for .... if you are interested .... is $325.00 shipped to you.
PLEASE NOTE: This DX offer is JUST FOR >>> the Frame / one FORK (truss rods) / Chainguard / Headbadge
(the other parts you see in the pictures are not part of the offer)

PS ... while you are seeing 2 different forks in the pictures .... ONLY 1 fork is included in the price.
Let me know if you are interested ... Thank you, CCR Dave PS- PS ... one closeup shows a small dent (like a BB shot) in the middle bar ...

Hello PA guy,
I have a 1940 DX Frame and Fork with Truss Rods that I could let go (as much as I hate to ... ) but here are the details and pictures:
I bought this last Oct. from a CABE member up in Minn. and it was covered in house paint (yellow)
I took it to my favorite Powder Coating shop and they media blasted it and did a beautiful Reddish-Orange finish and the frame/fork/chainguard ...
I then had a paint shop do an ivory (antique white) over the head tube and into the frame about 3" ...
I then added DECALS for the "Darts" (Arrows) which I wasn't happy with (they WILL scratch off with your fingernails)
The Chainguard turned out VERY nice as I had a pinstriper fill in the channels with ivory (antique white)
Here is what I have invested in it:
Original purchase for the frame & fork $105.00 (awesome deal !)
Planes/trains/race car head badge $45.00
Powder Coating job frame/fork/chainguard $150.00
Pin-striping the chainguard $40.00
You can see I have invested $340.00 for everything above ( Frame / Truss Rod Fork / Chainguard / Headbadge )
SO ..... what I can offer this for .... if you are interested .... is $325.00 shipped to you.
PLEASE NOTE: This DX offer is JUST FOR >>> the Frame / one FORK (truss rods) / Chainguard / Headbadge
(the other parts you see in the pictures are not part of the offer)

PS ... while you are seeing 2 different forks in the pictures .... ONLY 1 fork is included in the price.
Let me know if you are interested ... Thank you, CCR Dave PS- PS ... one closeup shows a small dent (like a BB shot) in the middle bar ...
View attachment 1177023

View attachment 1177024

View attachment 1177025

View attachment 1177026

View attachment 1177027

View attachment 1177028

View attachment 1177029

View attachment 1177030

View attachment 1177031

View attachment 1177032

View attachment 1177033
Absolutely awesome looking man but sadly im looking for something more cursty. I have a bunch of blue parts that i hope to match the frame to them. it would be a sin to repaint this. Thank you though this would be a great set up and go project

Absolutely awesome looking man but sadly im looking for something more cursty. I have a bunch of blue parts that i hope to match the frame to them. it would be a sin to repaint this. Thank you though this would be a great set up and go project

OK ... I understand ... did you see this '48 listed here ?? ( I almost pulled the trigger on that one! ) I realize you're hunting '39-'40
... BUT! ... it is a good deal ! >>>>>> https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/48-dx-project.169026/
Good luck with your search! Cheers! CCR Dave

OK ... I understand ... did you see this '48 listed here ?? ( I almost pulled the trigger on that one! ) I realize you're hunting '39-'40
... BUT! ... it is a good deal ! >>>>>> https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/48-dx-project.169026/
Good luck with your search! Cheers! CCR Dave
That is a great deal very temping but ill fight the urge to buy it and be patient . I have the removable dropstand with the painted fenders and the older style chainguard that id like to get another early bike up and running again. If i wasnt laid off id buy that in a heart beat. Thank you very much though.

Back