When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men's Spaceliner - Any clues to determine wheel size from photo?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
flightliner.jpg

This is a 24" Flightliner, if it is any help. Fork should be identical.

I received a pic of the serial number today and it is a 26" 1964/65 single speed. Thanks again for everyone's opinion on this - good points on the #spokes and the photo angle can be deceptive.
1541154644056.png

Be careful with the spoke-number test; I have a 24" Huffy Good Vibrations that has 36 spokes. The pic below of a girls 24" Flightliner appears to have 36 spokes.
jch3.jpg

I received a pic of the serial number today and it is a 26" 1964/65 single speed. Thanks again for everyone's opinion on this - good points on the #spokes and the photo angle can be deceptive.
View attachment 893787
Just out of curiosity....couldn't you have got a picture of the dimensions on side of the tire? I guess the serial number will give you the year and hub speed. Anyway...mystery solved

Just out of curiosity....couldn't you have got a picture of the dimensions on side of the tire? I guess the serial number will give you the year and hub speed. Anyway...mystery solved
Yes...at the time I posted I was going on limited info by the CL seller. While waiting for a response/more pics I wrote the CABE...those Spaceliners don't sit around...that one was sold but not to me.

Can someone tell me what the diameter of the chain ring is on one of these? V/r Shawn
It's been months since I last visited the site (life has been busy), but better late than never. The chain ring is 7 1/2" dia (give or take a fraction of an inch.

Back