When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Belt Drive Identification help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Welcome, what part of PA are you from? I sold that bike last year at the Canfield swap meet to a guy buying it for his friend, are you that friend? Here's the pics of it when I had it. I posted pics on the Cabe when I got it and the general consensus was its homemade.

20211013_150129.jpg

20211013_150145.jpg

20211013_150155.jpg

20211013_150203.jpg

Welcome, what part of PA are you from? I sold that bike last year at the Canfield swap meet to a guy buying it for his friend, are you that friend? Here's the pics of it when I had it. I posted pics on the Cabe when I got it and the general consensus was its homemade.
Hey! I am that friend and it was quite the gift! Thanks for the information. I knew it had to be an old modification but I wasn’t sure if it was original or not. Any idea what model of Mercury it is?

Without a Mercury Catalog and a model number stamp, I don't think there's a way to tell. Missing a lot of parts and recognizable paint scheme to help identify. I think the 4 digits near MG are the serial number, unless you find more digits under the crank.
I believe the only things original there are the rims, frame, (modified)sprocket, and cranks. Cool for a custom build, but like pointed out before, I'd beef up that frame patch, then have fun with it!

Back