• Please take a moment to read the new post TRADING SAFETY. It contains important information for those who use the classified ads for buying and selling.

Mercury Pacemaker – With Trainlight(?)

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi CABE,

I scored this one recently, it appears to be a pretty solid Mercury Pacemaker.

I’ve not owned on of these before, and at first thought that the light was just a “Rollfast” add on, but after digging a little deeper (on the CABE of course), found out that it appears to be the uncommon Mercury train light?

The good - Amazingly, the shroud looks to be in really solid condition (albeit with some paint loss). The frame, fenders and rack are also in really good shape, do these look to be original paint? The train light also looks to be in pretty good condition. Plus, it still has the dropstand. Bonus.

The bad – its missing the tank (damn!), the chainguard as well as the seat, plus the handlebars and stem appear to be incorrect.

Keen to hear what the wise minds on the CABE think as well as the Mercury Pacemaker fans! Is it original paint? Are there any other incorrect parts? How hard are the chain guards to find? And can someone give it a manufacturing date based on the serial number?

Either way, it looks to be a cool bike in the making!

Thanks

MrA

JAF/CO

I live for the CABE
These bikes where built weird
I had a western flyer / pace maker org
With headlight lens but the tank was not cut out for lights and it had a front loader head light on the fender

jfkiller53@aol.com
1 (209) 481-9464
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I haven’t seen him on here lately but @npence might be able to shed some light on this one. Also do a search because there is a Pacemaker thread as well. V/r Shawn

Freqman1

I have a better pic of this bike somewhere but see post #21 of this thread. V/r Shawn

Freqman1

I took these at 2016 Ann Arbor...

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
I was the first bidder on this! I so wanted to snag it, but another bike I've been lusting over became available. Nice score! :cool:

MrAustralia

Does anyone think its original paint??

The paint on the rack especially looks to almost too good?

Anyone got a tank/guard :grimacing:

Thanks all for the input.

Cheers

MrA

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello. Great score! MF serial is 1941. Which is the first year this light was on a Pacemaker. Never seen a 1942 with one but it is possible. Very rare! It looks like original paint to me. Usually the fenders should match the color of the bike..... Chainguard should be relatively easy to find. The tank may take more time. Good luck!

MrAustralia

The paint on the fenders looks original, no other colour underneath.

The ad on post #6 of this thread shows the bike with a dark blue frame and pale blue fenders/tank/guard.

Im thinking this may have been a similar paint scheme but obviously with dark reds/pale reds?

Thoughts??