When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker – With Trainlight(?)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi CABE,

I scored this one recently, it appears to be a pretty solid Mercury Pacemaker.

I’ve not owned on of these before, and at first thought that the light was just a “Rollfast” add on, but after digging a little deeper (on the CABE of course), found out that it appears to be the uncommon Mercury train light?

The good - Amazingly, the shroud looks to be in really solid condition (albeit with some paint loss). The frame, fenders and rack are also in really good shape, do these look to be original paint? The train light also looks to be in pretty good condition. Plus, it still has the dropstand. Bonus.

The bad – its missing the tank (damn!), the chainguard as well as the seat, plus the handlebars and stem appear to be incorrect.

Keen to hear what the wise minds on the CABE think as well as the Mercury Pacemaker fans! Is it original paint? Are there any other incorrect parts? How hard are the chain guards to find? And can someone give it a manufacturing date based on the serial number?

Either way, it looks to be a cool bike in the making!

Thanks

MrA

I haven’t seen him on here lately but @npence might be able to shed some light on this one. Also do a search because there is a Pacemaker thread as well. V/r Shawn

I have a better pic of this bike somewhere but see post #21 of this thread. V/r Shawn

I was the first bidder on this! I so wanted to snag it, but another bike I've been lusting over became available. Nice score! :cool:

Back