When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker 1941 Info.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
pacemaker light

First off, I like the way you contribute to the program Elgin Baylor with your model summary as you did with the Monark SD's.
It is so much easier to take, much more effort to give and this site wouldn't be what it is without folks investing the time in supplying useful history.

My Pacemaker crossed paths with a collector at some point (besides myself) so it hard too say what was original or not.
I am curious if my torpedo light is the "New" style featured in the mid range model, which is consistent with the rest of the bike's compenents/features?
It's a 3-ribbed variety.
merc front wheel.jpg

Thanks, Chris

merc front wheel.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the kind words. A while back I bought a book about Monarks so I could determine what features came with what year bikes. The book I bought was a total disappointment, so I dug in and compiled a bunch of information and figured it out for myself. I figured other folks were looking for the same information so I posted it here so other vintage bike fans could benefit from my research. Sharing is good. I pretty much did the same thing with the Pacemaker. I really enjoyed seeing your Pacemaker, a great example in a great color! Wow! It's interesting to note that your tank is different from the others I've seen in that it has a side horn button. The other tanks I've seen with horns have a smaller horn button next to a light switch on the upper portion of the left tank side (see photo below). As far as the torpedo light goes, your probably right, it probably is the "new type" mentioned in the catalog. Thanks for all the interesting posts, I enjoy reading them. Best regards,
Mercury Pacemaker 15.jpg
Elgin

So I'm thinking...

I had mentioned that my Mercury Pacemaker didn't have a light switch or a horn button on its tank. Although there are two rivets where a light would be, but there's no cutout provision for a light switch or a horn in the tank! I just checked out Nostalgic Net http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/bicycle868/3349.htm So I'm thinking...my bike isn't Mercury Pacemaker, but perhaps a Western Flyer? ( I don't see a switch or a horn button on this WF ) Any thoughts?

Interesting, I've seen other Pacemakers with that aviator fender ornament and I remember reading about a Western Flyer version. I just don't know for sure one way or the other. If anyone out there does, let me know. Thanks, Elgin

So I'm thinking...

I had mentioned that my Mercury Pacemaker didn't have a light switch or a horn button on its tank. Although there are two rivets where a light would be, but there's no cutout provision for a light switch or a horn in the tank! I just checked out Nostalgic Net http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/bicycle868/3349.htm So I'm thinking...my bike isn't Mercury Pacemaker, but perhaps a Western Flyer? ( I don't see a switch or a horn button on this WF ) Any thoughts?

Cool that's my bike!

I'm curious what model specifically are Torrington de luxe pedals they list on the Top of the Line model? Also which saddle a Messinger de luxe saddle is?

Back