When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker Frame Question

-

What do you have?

• Total voters

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Looking for some help figuring out frame differences In the 1939-41 Mercury Pacemaker line. I have quite a few, but one frame stands out different than the rest. Five of my frames have the black frame style, clamp over the seat post tube but the red frame has the clamp built into the frame. Any ideas why the difference? Early production or late? Not a Mercury, but a Western Flyer/Hiawatha store branded version of the bike?
Thank you,
Chris

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

Looking for some help figuring out frame differences In the 1939-41 Mercury Pacemaker line. I have quite a few, but one frame stands out different than the rest. Five of my frames have the black frame style, clamp over the seat post tube but the red frame has the clamp built into the frame. Any ideas why the difference? Early production or late? Not a Mercury, but a Western Flyer/Hiawatha store branded version of the bike?
Thank you,
Chris

View attachment 404295

View attachment 404296

5!!!!!!!

Oops actually 6 frames but 2 are just frames not complete bikes.

Anyways back to your original question I'm going to say the red one is later and the other style is earlier. If you look at other Murray built bikes around that time frame the straight down tube bikes have that same style as the black bike and those bikes were around 37-40 from what I've heard and the later 40-42 bent seat tube murrays have the red bike style. That's just my thoughts

Back