When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great post, ROB. Very little is missing! The 'house paint' needs to go; this is a fantastic unit for resurrection, sorry, I don't think it should go 'rust'...! Maybe $200. -$300. in Chrome work @ Preceision in Quincy.

6795B3F0-BCC4-4516-B707-C8977A0A4457.jpeg

Mercury’s? Yes! Something to note on your friends bike. It has the pinched lower fender ends. Three concentric cut outs in the chainring. Should have the seat post bolt built thru the frame as opposed to the metal band wrapped around the top and a cinch bolt. I’m starting to hypothesize that 41-42 painted lower end non deluxe models had this style.(Yes this one has headlights in tank but is all painted). The chromed/aluminum fender top of the line model had the older style. Dual concentric cutouts and rounder fender ends. 41-42’s they changed the drop stand clip location from the fender brace, lower onto the fender itself. Probably for ease of a swap out when they got snapped off. Love for someone to dispel my theory. Show me an all painted 41-42 that has the earlier style nuances. :) Unfortunately it’s missing the most difficult parts to find. The shroud and fender ornament. Good luck to your friend or whomever picks it up. It’s bitchen!!!!

Rob... I'm seldom if ever, in the right place, at the right time; usually an hour late, and/or flat BROKE! I was able a few years ago, via e-bay, reasonably, to replace the '39 Mercury wagon my younger brother and I inherited from 2 older sisters. It seems he junked it when he cleaned Mom's garage and I was sojourning in Tx. (1980s). The replacement is resurrected, now, although I need graphics, yet. Mercury toys design elements turn heads!!!

Three years ago in Le Claire, IA. @ a summer bike swap I saw a girl's 26"; s ame vintage and style as this boy's Mercury ride, salvaged from a garden plot... thick yellow paint, brush applied also with much rust for $250.00. Thot it was too much. Now I wonder....

Last edited:
Back