When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pod Trike

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I never knew that this trike existed until I got the ‘37 Steelcraft catalog today. The color registration is misaligned but you get the idea. If anyone has a lead on one of these I’m very interested! This is a grail trike fo sho! V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I'm thinking that pod must be smaller than what was mounted on the bicycle but have never seen a smaller pod. BTW the cat also shows boys tank, 20" deluxe Merc pod bike as well. I'm not big on 20" bikes but that would be killer. V/r Shawn

They show a 1937 catalog page with these trikes in the book "Riding Toys", too. The only actual photo I've seen of one is on page 185 of that same collector book, though it doesn't show a pod accessory on the catalog page or the photo. Never saw one of these trikes in person either. It definitely is a rare model.

Dave

They show a 1937 catalog page with these trikes in the book "Riding Toys", too. The only actual photo I've seen of one is on page 185 of that same collector book, though it doesn't show a pod accessory on the catalog page or the photo. Never saw one of these trikes in person either. It definitely is a rare model.

Dave
The trike on pg 185 and the '37 ad (Pg 76) in the Riding Toy book just show the deluxe version without the pod--it was sold both ways. The Steelcraft catalog shows a lot more models than what is shown in the Riding Toy book. Got mine from Scott @sm2501 V/r Shawn

Only Reason I would sell 1 would be that I can't ride it :( I f'ing love those pods & the classy futurism designs. Good Luck @Freqman1 .... I'll keep the eyes peeled

Back