When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Mesinger Huffman G519 Saddle

-

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
Here's a WWII Mesinger B-60 saddle for a Huffman G519 bicycle. All the parts are original to this seat with the exception of the inner clamp that goes around the seat post: it was missing when I got the seat.
The teeth are not in the best condition...better than some worse than others. This is common for these clamps, but this one will clamp securely.
The pan has the tool bag loops.
I left the metal parts in original condition, and recovered the top with premium full-grain Russet leather from a USA tannery.
A part of the hide was chosen that had some small imperfections to add a bit of character.
You'll see in the pictures that I didn't fold the tabs back down on this one:
-Leaving them open doesn't cause any problems, and there's less chance of them breaking if the leather gets damaged and needs repair/replacement.
-There is a little black spray paint over-spray on the metal that I didn't try to remove. With the very good original condition of the paint I thought it best to leave this to the next owner to do as they choose. If it's to be cleaned, the seat can be taken apart easily.
If you want them closed I can do it or you can.

You might have noticed seats that have been recovered by gluing a stretchy piece of leather to the padding then to the underside of the pan; that's not how I do it, and not all leather is created equal.
Leather needs to be able to move as it expands and contracts with use and time.
I restore these seats with the same type and weight of leather as new and in the same way the originals were manufactured, with all the layers and no glue. Among many other reasons, this makes for a more accurate restoration, and allows the seat to be easily serviced if the top gets damaged.
Take a look at many recovered seats and you'll notice wrinkling at the nose, hips, and back, stretch marks that aren't original to the hide, and wear through the top-grain leather leaving a suede-like appearance after use.

More pics? no trubs.
All work comes with my "above ground" guarantee :)
$525 shipped insured in USA USPS Priority, paypal payment.
USPS Money Order from a Post Office $500
Local cash payment $475
Thank you,
Scott Allison

02012016_008.png

02012016_010.png

02012016_011.png

02012016_012.png

02012016_015.png

02012016_021.png

02012016_025.png

02012016_026.png