When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MESINGER SADDLE CO - History?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wing Your Heel

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have any early ads for Messenger saddles they'd share with me? And can anyone help me research the company history?

I have an early Schwinn World with a leather Messenger saddle, and was surprised how difficult it is to find info on Messenger, so I'd like to write up some company history, and if possible a basic guide to their early saddle styles to help anyone else who's looking for info.

EDIT: I've just realized part of the problem is the correct spelling of the company name.

MESINGER SADDLE CO

H. F. Mesinger Mfg Co

Not 'Messenger'

Thanks,

Colin

Here are some pics of my saddle

messenger_saddle-1.jpg

messenger_saddle2-1.jpg

messenger_saddle1-1.jpg

Mesinger Saddle

Good Day: Attached is a lousy scan from what I believe to be a late 1930's Oglaends catalog. The checkerboard like pattern on the saddles is from my 10 year old scanner and does not appear in the catalog. john

1.jpg

They were available in the 1890's too, many wood rimmed safeties have them. I'd guess the company started making bike saddles around 1893 or 4. You might want to search google patents and see what you find.

Back