When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Musselman coaster hub lock ring

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are the lock ring and brake side dust cover. I should have the nuts too but didn't realize you needed them until I got back in from the shop.

1582224398161.png
1582224418614.png

I have 4 different rings, all from my musselman box. All slightly different, represent different vintages.

this hub didn't come with dust caps, it's the same as an elgin air-cooled hub aside from brake arm marking and fins.

View attachment 1142915
Based on code marks EO/1939, and exploded view attached to code explanation it does seem to use a dust cover 302, no?

Here are the lock ring and brake side dust cover. I should have the nuts too but didn't realize you needed them until I got back in from the shop.
View attachment 1142936
No worries. Sorry bout that. Seems to be a question on whether the cap is used but I'll take it anyway. Can never have enough stuff laying around. Let me know on nuts when the next day above zero rolls around. I'll get the whole works. I may not be able to use this Musselman anyway due to what looks like some serious chain line offset challenges. At least I'll have a complete hub. Gotta love this TOC stuff. That many more years to get messed around with.

Last edited:
Based on code marks EO/1939, and exploded view attached to code explanation it does seem to use a dust cover 302, no?

yes the hub takes a very small bearing dust cover, # 302 as shown in the schematic to the left in above pic.
#302 in the right schematic shows as a large dust cover or cap that goes around the hub shell; never seen a musselman of this era that uses a dust cover like that. suppose it could exist just haven't seen one.
...and no cover or cap on the drive side.
regardless, looks like Gordon has you "covered"
:wink:

I have the correct nuts, just need to dig them out. I will get that done tomorrow and will send you a private message with payment info. It is very important to remove the glaze inside the hub shell to insure proper braking. You can use a piece of emery paper or if you want to be fancy you can use a brake cylinder hone.

Back