When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

meteor parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gottaSchwinn53

On Training Wheels
Just picked up a 53' Meteor for only a few $'s. Question, where can I get parts? The Meteor seemed to be rare while looking up info on other sites but I've seen quite a few here. (not sure how I came across this but decided to sign in)
It's original-and in amazing condition-minus the seat and wheels being replaced.
Where can I get a replacement lens for the "light?" I'm not at all familiar with this bike and haven't had a chance to go over it, it was dark when I got it home, but I noticed the light cover was loose/broken. I'd also like to find an original style seat and tires for it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20221127-152056_Nextdoor.jpg

The 1953 Meteor did not come standard with a fender light but the Leader model did. I'm pretty sure the Hornet was the only model that year to have the Rocket Ray fender light. The Typhoon cord brick tread tire would be one of the original tires among a couple other brands. The Meteor was renamed the Wasp for 1954 so use the forum search feature on the top tool bar to take a look around. Here's the eBay page for Rocket Ray lights and parts.

Since the Meteor was a one year only name good examples can be hard to find. The model number was D-12 and prior to 1953 that model never had a name. It was also a straight bar frame in 52, so the 1953 model D-12 was named Meteor and it showed up with a cantilever frame. Then in 1954 the D-12 model was renamed the Wasp and was pretty much the same as the Meteor.
Here's a 54 Wasp with a good example of what the original Mesinger seat looks like.

Back