When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mexico Euzkadi ??????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m going to guess Euzkadi badged Schwinn bikes, perhaps ?, were sold somewhere in Mexico at one time because of the Euzkadi Tire Company connection as Barry pointed out. There is nothing to prove this assumption unless there is related literature or a person involved with Euzkadi or Schwinn or Mexico from that time could elaborate on this.

My OTHER guess is that these badges were a stash of leftover NOS badges that were not destined for bikes and are now scarce badges in the hobby.
As far as color combinations, I wouldn’t read into symbolism and just chalk it up to another choice of color.
Here is a pic of my Euzkadi badge.
s

5bc9490fc5611ff8f7c303dc9004ccd7.jpg

I’m going to guess Euzkadi badged Schwinn bikes, perhaps ?, were sold somewhere in Mexico at one time because of the Euzkadi Tire Company connection as Barry pointed out. There is nothing to prove this assumption unless there is related literature or a person involved with Euzkadi or Schwinn or Mexico from that time could elaborate on this.

My OTHER guess is that these badges were a stash of leftover NOS badges that were not destined for bikes and are now scarce badges in the hobby.
As far as color combinations, I wouldn’t read into symbolism and just chalk it up to another choice of color.
Here is a pic of my Euzkadi badge.
s

View attachment 732613
Thanks for the photo man! I always wanted a clearer photo. Happy New Year! Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

These are three I have. I would only cut loose of one for a Red, White and Blue one, in the same kind shape as mine.
EUZKADI 01.JPG
EUZKADI 02.JPG
EUZKADI 03.JPG

I know one thing for sure! If I was going to pick colors, it for sure wouldn't be that ugly green and orange combo. The other color combo looks way better!

I like how Euzkadi is printed on one badge and the other has Euzkadi written in brass raised letters. Same with the other wording.

Howdy fellows Schwinn freaks! I've been researching and collecting Schwinn badges for the last several years.
One of the really cool badges is a Euzkadi badge with Arnold Schwinn on it. I did end up with a couple of the badges, but still can't find a photo of a Schwinn bicycle with the badge. I did find out Euzkadi was a tire company that was a partner with B.F. Goodrich in a venture. I talked to a few people about it and one Question that came up was the two color variations. I always said I didn't know? It came to me out of the blue the other day! Maybe the Red, White & Blue model badge was for the U.S. flag and the orange & green model badge was for the Mexican flag.
What do you think?
euzkadi-01-jpg.jpg
us-flag-jpg.jpg
mexican-flag-jpg.jpg
euzkadi-01-jpg.jpg

Back