When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miami chainring minutiae

-

zephyrblau

I live for the CABE
happy to have an appropriate chainring for my project but this spacing for the engagement pin is a new one on me.
none of my cranks fit!
so... while I search for the correct cranks (hint, hint) I'm wondering if the spacing of this chainring indicates a certain time
in the evolution of Miami bikes.
all of my cranks have a spacing of 1 3/8" on center. this one is 1 5/8" on center. (or 1" from the edge of the axle opening to the pin opening. hopefully my crude markings make sense)
am I over thinking this ? am I crazy ?
answer the second question first :p

PB274477.JPG

In addition to @redline1968 's proclamation ...
some rings have a small, drive-pin portal ....
some do not.

Building a Miami from parts acquired from
different places is not for the impatient.

The manufacturer was once one of the
largest producer of an array of wonderful
bicycles and motorcycles. Today, every-
thing Miami-built is elusive.

Have observed more Racycle stuff over the
years .. but even those fall numerically-short
compared to Davis relics.

If you're looking for a non-frustrating teen's
machine to build .. or just to find a few missing
parts to add to a machine that needs limited
attention to get it ready to ride .. or, maybe
just display ... stick with Westfield and Schwinn.
Great Bicycles ... plenty of availability.

But .. if you are steeled to walk the labyrinth ...
and are guided by a patient soul ... go ahead ...
ride the Lightning that Miami built.

..... patric

I never thought finding “the right” parts would take sooooo long! Now that I have most of them, it’s just a matter of paint, learning how to pin stripe, engraving logos back in, plating and re-assembly.... I had to find handle bars, Hager nuts and bolts, the right hubs, rims... even though the bike was already “complete”... yeah, I’d love to find a set of my “dream” pedals but they are not going to hold me from finishing this up!

I never thought finding “the right” parts would take sooooo long! Now that I have most of them, it’s just a matter of paint, learning how to pin stripe, engraving logos back in, plating and re-assembly.... I had to find handle bars, Hager nuts and bolts, the right hubs, rims... even though the bike was already “complete”... yeah, I’d love to find a set of my “dream” pedals but they are not going to hold me from finishing this up!
What dream pedals might that be?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I heard tale of a set of pedals that were attached to a bike at the ML summer swap that had Miami stamped in them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back