When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miami Hercules head construction dating help..

-

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Just recently there is a awesome post of some great bikes ( Miami).. along with some interesting literature which in my opinion helps date some of these bikes and the flying merkel bikes.. in this literature I read the Hercules construction was used from 1919 to 21... so am I correct in sayin the bike with this construction is in this period.... the merkel was the only bike to continue this type of construction?

1d1ce7f4b94c40b01d5fccffe3b6475b-1921-miami-features-exclusive-features-jpg.jpg

miami-built-_racycle__-olive-green-01-f-m-magnied-year-unknown-1918-at-least-02-jpg.jpg

imageidnyp33433069061806seq647width1360-1-f-m-miami-now-olive-jpg.jpg

Also based on some other info done by cabe members.. the Westfield company bought out Miami in 1923 and continued the Miami line with a few changes for the flying merkel including the badge placement , dropout adjusters and the use of the Hercules tubing ..... but only the use of chain adjusters on the rest of the brands while keeping the Miami names for the bikes.. this would help date Westfield bikes as post 23 and Miami’s as pre 23..?

9A00B1E5-9C3A-410E-9249-7E10C7F3AA9F.jpeg

This ad is from 1916. It mentions Hercules frame construction....so earlier than 1919. Hope this helps....not sure when Hercules construction started.....

Back