When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miami Mfg. Hudson Help

-
Yes, GWM Fauber, perhaps pre-war teens.
Looks like another one sold by a member; (from Pandora Ohio?); B-serial number prefix, 45-mm threaded BB, and 1913 patent frame (1916?).
View attachment 1220775
Note that the holes are of different offsets from the crank shaft, maybe different diameters too(?); not likely that equally spaced diamonds were re-drilled or reamed out.
Looks like John's sprocket was used with a Miami crank (small pin, wider offset than most).
It would be interesting to i.d. each of those 5 holes: GWM; Miami; Excelsior(?); Emblem(?); and another?
View attachment 1220779
What years:
I forget in what other post the year that GWM Indiana started manufacturing and advertising Fauber (was Chicago) parts. Perhaps they started with furnished Fauber tools (dies), and "had to do something" to make the holes in the boiler-plate steel sprockets match their own foundry-forged cranks -- as well as other manufacturer's cranks.
I forget in what other post the year that Miami advertised that they made their own bottom bracket hangers, cranks and sprockets.

I generally refer to GWM-built Fauber cranks and sprockets as plain Fauber's (stamped or not), just because I only see the ToC ones in old ad/catalog pictures.
Thanks for the great info. Yes, the 5 holes are all offset at different spacings from the crank, ranging from +/-.610" up to +/-1.215". Four of the holes are +/-.377" i.d., the large hole +/-.430". There is no stamping on the crank or the sproket.

John,
@Jesse McCauley just bought a group of NOS nickel plated teens/20's period stems that would be correct for this bike; he likely can help you out with a wheel as well. Keystone and Boyscout grips are the rarest parts that bike requires, "hens teeth" status. Marty @cyclingday was speaking to @rideahiggins to have the boy scout type remade; has that project got off the ground guys? It would be great to have the Keystone grips remade. I have never seen any available. I own a set of bars that just have fragments of these grips.

Nice project, good luck with it!

Kindly, Brant
Hey Brant...thanks for the input. Hope you're doing well. If you get a direct message about grips, please let me know. I'll touch base with @JesseMcCauley.
John

Went through my stash, I have a very nice 36 hole Corbin front hourglass hub that is likely intune with the age of the bike.
It is actually new old stock as well in the box but it wasn't in the best conditions so it has lost a bit of plating.
Do you happen to have a cell phone I can send pictures to? the tapatalk app has cut me off from sending more pics this month

If you do, my cell is 8043662609

Curious about the profile of the wood rim that you have? I have some solo wood rims but I want to be sure the profile is a match, there are quite a few options.

Best,
Jesse

Last edited:
Went through my stash, I have a very nice 36 hole Corbin front hourglass hub that is likely intune with the age of the bike.
It is actually new old stock as well in the box but it wasn't in the best conditions so it has lost a bit of plating.
Do you happen to have a cell phone I can send pictures to? the tapatalk app has cut me off from sending more pics this month, wants me to upgrade.

If you do, my cell is 8043662609

Curious about the profile of the wood rim that you have? I have some solo wood rims but I want to be sure the profile is a match, there are quite a few options.

Best,
Jesse
The Miami front hub does have a hourglass profile but isn't Corbin. I'm sure it was probably made off someones patent but is a Miami made piece. V/r Shawn

The Miami proprietary hub is pretty distinct, there is an added contour I think compared to the Corbin hourglass but a very close stand in.

Does someone have a good picture they can post of the Miami hub? Maybe the Corbin also.........Thx.

Bump this Crank Arm and Ring question...... What IS the actual drive pin spacing distance c/l of crank center and c/l of drive pin on this specific unidentified One Piece ARM? I would guess by the looks it is not 2" spacing....Hmmm...

I have only seen a couple of those on the CABE; it’s more helpful when found on an actual bike. Another one:

On another thread, (perhaps the Miami chain ring one?), is another picture of what looks like a 5-arm Fauber chain ring sprocket, kind of like this one:

Last edited:
Back