When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miami / Racycle Front Rack.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37schwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
I thought I would post this here. I have this rack I've been trying to identify and it seems to be from the early bikes such as Miami or Racycle which I know nothing about.

I do know that this rack does not match any of the pics or catalogs of bikes I've seen because all of those are for rear racks. I had to make a bracket and mount it up to the front of my lightweight schwinn. As you can see in the pics below the mounting arms are made to mount upwards not down. (Loose rack pics are for comparison) Let me know what you guys think, have you seen front mounted racks for these early bikes?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's a rear rack that someone modified to put on the front. Looks like a Miami.

Looks like the rack has been flipped upside down and the tabs to mount the legs to it have been bent down to mont on the front of the bike.
It honestly looks like a modified rear rack.
The cross pieces would have originally been on the bottom of the rack instead of over the top.
Jkent

Thanks guys. Well I learned they are all a little bit different.

I noticed in all the posted pics that the strap that extends to attach to the bike frame which is just the center straps extended out, all twist in to make the strap vertical.

On mine those two center straps twist out so that tells me they have been bent up. An easy fix but just wanted to make sure before I bent them back.

And my rack is exactly the same as the others with the center cross straps on the bottom side.

This is an extreme heavy duty rack and even though it's for another era of bikes I like the heavy duty toughness of it.

One last thing..,. Does anyone have close up pics of the mounting bracket that attaches to the rear??

Back