When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miami Star Chain Ring Help Needed Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does not appear to be "homemade" ... (my perception). If the company wanted that particular ring design, AND also wanted to use a multiple-piece crank assembly (with the appropriate bearing cartridge) ..... for reasons perhaps known only to the company's think-tank ... the use of a "turtle" sure beats tooling-up for the manufacture of 30 / 60 T "star" rings that use a D&J "spider". In the case of Brant's "turtled" ring -- the turtle IS the spider. ....... patric

Last edited:
Just wanted to include this image of a rider on a Miami machine. I wish it was more clear. Very similar "spider" even though clearly a different one or two-piece crank.
1677505104758.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to include this image of a rider on a Miami machine. I wish it was more clear. Very similar "spider" even though clearly a different one or two-piece crank.
View attachment 1795137
Thanks for that picture Pete. Yes, I can definitely see the spider, maybe it is the turtle. It is hard to read those cranks with the clarity and shadowing. I am see a circle here:
1677505104758.jpg

Back