When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid 1890's Hart Model B? Frame....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rusty McNickel

I live for the CABE
I have what's believed to be a Hart model B frame. I was hoping someone could comment on how the leather top interfaces with the front spring. Seems there is something missing. Anyone have one or similar?

These are just simple hammock style saddles that have a piece of sheet metal to hook over the coil spring. .062 thick tool steel about 2" long works good but I wouldn't use any heat on it for bending as it can become brittle without any annealing.

The hook is done and this is where my effort in making this a complete saddle shifts to outsourcing. Any recommendations for someone to make a reproduction top for this HUNT saddle would be appreciated.

Not sure what I was thinking initially in this post but I mistakenly identified the saddle as a Hart, instead of a HUNT saddle. I blame auto-correct.

Last edited:
Back