When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid 1980s Raleigh Mountain Tour Teton model nice original bike bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This was purchased from the family of the original adult owner. To me it appears to be all original except for possibly the pedals?
The tires are signed with the same name as the bike.
19" frame

Other than the tire sidewalls, the small tear in the saddle and a couple areas of chrome loss this bike will clean up rather nicely.

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

BEFORE YOU RIDE THIS -Install a long threaded bolt with 2 nuts ( or a second reflector bracket ) through the hole drilled in the fork crown = ( extending out from the front side of fork crown).

It's a SAFETY MEASURE -if your front brake cable happens to break while riding this bicycle as shown in your photos, the 'straddle wire' (that connects right and left cantilever brake arms) could come to contact the front tire. At which point you just might be 'launched' over the handlebars as your front wheel will suddenly be 'locked-up' by that straddle wire across the top of your tire.

Take a look at your rear brake ....you can see how the straddle wire will come to rest on the reflector bracket (if your brake cable fails ) ....you MOST DEFINITELY want to set up the front brake in a similar fashion ( extra reflector bracket or long threaded bolt held in place with 2 nuts )

Myself,.... I would be quite hesitant to ride this bicycle in it's present form = (without having bracket / bolt through front of fork crown)

Of course, you may choose to do NONE of the above ....assuming you have a 'platinum' medical insurance plan ....or, you have in 'speed dial' on your phone the number of your nearest 'maxilo-facial' surgeon

Last edited:
Back