When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid 20's Hawthorne Rust Project!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Motorbikes

Love seeing this beautiful restoration done.i have seen a lot of interest in these motorbikes lately.the tanks,racks and drop stands prices have escalated lately.are these 28 bikes the new hot item? I've done a few and they ride like glass

Lawrence already brought this to a ride and my, what a nice ride it is....!

Beautiful and lovingly restored, this guy is a true craftsman. Guitars, old

cars and planes, he can do it all.

Wow, very nice job. Love the gray and black paint. Did you get that Flyer headlight that sold on Ebay yesterday. Hope so.

That's inspiring. I have a project in the same shape and have just finished the disassembly. It's a 1916 Schwinn built private label. I won't paint or plate myself, but want to do as much prep work as I can before handing it over. I can see the slightest hints of the paint under the rust in a few places and am going to hit it with steel wool to try and reveal the original colors. What grade of steel wool is safe for this purpose? And do you use anything with the steel wool to help the process along? WD40? Degreaser? Pentrating oil? etc. Thanks for any advice. Gary

Restoration was the right choice! It is really nice to see what these bikes looked like when they were new! The plating really looks great.

Hey Gary, if you're just looking for the original color, look behind the badge, or inside the bottom bracket. But if you're just trying to uncover and remove rust, then yes, 0000 steel wool and wd-40 works pretty good. Along with patience . You should start a thread, I'd like to see what you have.

Back