When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mid 30's silver king question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

beachcrab

Look Ma, No Hands!
i just acquired a montgomery wards silver king (but it won't be delivered for a week or so..), and in making some plans for this bike i was thinking about installing a sachs 2 speed IGH, so wondering if anyone knows the OLD specs for the silver king?
s-l1600.jpg

There is a Silver King book you can buy that will help with your question. If you plan on doing a custom build what “specs” are you specifically seeking to know? @ratrodz @Glenn Rhein can both help you out with parts or information.

I think the biggest consideration would be the width of the Sachs hub. I would not feel comfortable trying to bend the dropouts on one of these. V/r Shawn

thank you for that book recommendation... just grabbed a copy off ebay. i don't want to cold set the frame, so thinking about either a shimano 3 speed or 2 speed kick back hub.

There is a Silver King book you can buy that will help with your question. If you plan on doing a custom build what “specs” are you specifically seeking to know? @ratrodz @Glenn Rhein can both help you out with parts or information.
He’s basically asking for the hub width specs. I can measure out both the rear drop outs and a original hub if you’d like.
I think the biggest consideration would be the width of the Sachs hub. I would not feel comfortable trying to bend the dropouts on one of these. V/r Shawn
Completely agree! You can move them a little, but I wouldn’t force them open to accept a wider hub. Duralium =fragile.

@beachcrab looks like you’ve acquired a 35 model. Got any pics of the serial numbers? They’d be on the left rear drop outs.

Back