When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid-80's Raleigh Marathon Mixte

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

harpon

Finally riding a big boys bike
I actually got this to electrify so I thought I'd document the bike before I change it around. For its' age it's incredibly clean and rust free- I'd say almost pristine, Nice double butted frame, and so fairly light for a mixte- It came with brand new black wall 27 x 1 1/7 tires on Weinmann alloy rims, but I've already placed a 700 x 28 gum wall on here, and that's what will also be on the rear electric wheel. Built in Taiwan, it boasts an inscribed handlebar with an American flag- I can't ride the drops anymore, so these may go on the old '67 PX10 I'm thinking of selling

DSCF2345.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2353.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

s-l1600Z4I38IO1.jpg

Last edited:
To me those Mixte frames are just so sexy! I had one breifly and really enjoyed it, but it was too small so I sold it. :( This one is in great shape! What is a PX10?

The mixte frame makes a great support for electric controller and/or batteries. Yes they are generally small, but as I can longer ride the drop bars I set them up with riser bars and a long seat post. They aren't that far from modern geometry frame size on the seat tube anyway. The Peugeot Record below has a weird sized seat post, but I may eventually put a shock seat post on the Raleigh after I get it built and ridden
peu 1.jpg

peu 2.jpg

A PX10 was the top bike of the Peugeot line back in the 60;s and 70's and beyond.

Last edited:
Back