When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid-80's Raleigh Marathon Mixte

-

harpon

Finally riding a big boys bike
I actually got this to electrify so I thought I'd document the bike before I change it around. For its' age it's incredibly clean and rust free- I'd say almost pristine, Nice double butted frame, and so fairly light for a mixte- It came with brand new black wall 27 x 1 1/7 tires on Weinmann alloy rims, but I've already placed a 700 x 28 gum wall on here, and that's what will also be on the rear electric wheel. Built in Taiwan, it boasts an inscribed handlebar with an American flag- I can't ride the drops anymore, so these may go on the old '67 PX10 I'm thinking of selling

DSCF2345.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2353.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

s-l1600Z4I38IO1.jpg

Last edited:
To me those Mixte frames are just so sexy! I had one breifly and really enjoyed it, but it was too small so I sold it. :( This one is in great shape! What is a PX10?

The mixte frame makes a great support for electric controller and/or batteries. Yes they are generally small, but as I can longer ride the drop bars I set them up with riser bars and a long seat post. They aren't that far from modern geometry frame size on the seat tube anyway. The Peugeot Record below has a weird sized seat post, but I may eventually put a shock seat post on the Raleigh after I get it built and ridden
peu 1.jpg

peu 2.jpg

A PX10 was the top bike of the Peugeot line back in the 60;s and 70's and beyond.

Last edited:
Back