When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid Teens Morrow nut holds on brake arm-used and uncleaned!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Dirtier is better! thanks NOT the typical one but teens era
I am told the thread root is different evidently this is the angle of the threads.
morrow.JPG

Last edited:
well I got one and it did not work evidently the teens early 20s hub used a different axle than balloon era-- so on the hunt again thanks

Really?
I have not run across this difference. I thought, still think, that the axle, thread diameter and pitch is the same. I have found that the clutch teeth changed in 1915. I think all of the other parts are interchange-able. I even think you could use the locknut from a Bendix.
Mystified by Morrows at the Marin Brewing Company,
Chris

I am told the thread root is different evidently this is the angle of the threads.

I'm not familiar with the Morrow hub, but I have seen 3/8x26tpi on some axles other than British stuff. From the looks of the above foto, this looks like a 24tpi threaded onto a 26tpi, or vice versa. They interface nicely until about a half inch together. Half the difference of 26-24=2/2=1. That's one thread off in half an inch. It all works fine until the one thread catches up and the nut stops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back