When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid Teens Morrow nut holds on brake arm-used and uncleaned!

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Dirtier is better! thanks NOT the typical one but teens era
I am told the thread root is different evidently this is the angle of the threads.
morrow.JPG

Last edited:
well I got one and it did not work evidently the teens early 20s hub used a different axle than balloon era-- so on the hunt again thanks

Really?
I have not run across this difference. I thought, still think, that the axle, thread diameter and pitch is the same. I have found that the clutch teeth changed in 1915. I think all of the other parts are interchange-able. I even think you could use the locknut from a Bendix.
Mystified by Morrows at the Marin Brewing Company,
Chris

I am told the thread root is different evidently this is the angle of the threads.

I'm not familiar with the Morrow hub, but I have seen 3/8x26tpi on some axles other than British stuff. From the looks of the above foto, this looks like a 24tpi threaded onto a 26tpi, or vice versa. They interface nicely until about a half inch together. Half the difference of 26-24=2/2=1. That's one thread off in half an inch. It all works fine until the one thread catches up and the nut stops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back