When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Mid Teens to early 20's Frame and Fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$150
Zipcode

tjkajecj

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have this mid teens to early 20's frame, fork with bearings and cups, truss rods, crank/ring with bearings and cups, seat post and axle adjusters for sale.
Unknown manufacture to me.
A 28" wheelset and fenders fit the bike.

Badged a Recruit from a hardware store up in Chicago. (Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co.)
$150 local pickup.

Please PM with questions,

Tim

1657491570757.png

1656349144569.png
1656349193257.png
1656349203566.png
1656349216330.png
1656349225908.png

Last edited:
Nice project! Any serial number on the bottom bracket? I have a 1927 Westfield frame with those same forks.

Can you show a picture of back side of bottom bracket and show the drive pin offset on the cranks? Thinking maybe one of the New York manufacturers, with those oval-shaped chain stays at the bottom bracket crank hanger; (i.e. not Westfield).

Leaning toward HP Snyder-built; serial number looks to have an “E” prefix?

Last edited:
A previous owner went to town with a grinder, what is left of the serial number is below.
Maybe 9496 and a smaller 1

1658170429413.png

Can you show a picture of back side of bottom bracket and show the drive pin offset on the cranks? Thinking maybe one of the New York manufacturers, with those oval-shaped chain stays at the bottom bracket crank hanger; (i.e. not Westfield).

Leaning toward HP Snyder-built; serial number looks to have an “E” prefix?
Once again, clues point to this as Snyder built....below my 36 moto serial. Note "E", & distinct far right 👉 stamp, not numeric. Plus the open center "dots" seen often on "Hawthorne Deluxe", "Deluxe Flyer", "Trailblazers" and other Mont. Wards 20's/30's offerings. Are these typical of early Snyder stamping marks and serial number fonts?
1658245907643.jpeg

Excellent buy! WHO will score this?

Last edited:
Back