When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Middle weight "Silver King" lookin' like a Huffy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Pretty nice ride on this light agile chrome space age classic.
IMG_6283[1].JPG

Great design flow with the rack and light into the unique tank and light.

IMG_6284[1].JPG

IMG_6285[1].JPG

The decals have taken a hit from my polishing. Oops!
IMG_6287[1].JPG

Looks like there is NO relation to the 1930's aluminum frame bikes.
IMG_6286[1].JPG

IMG_6288[1].JPG

Not sure what fender ornament was on this. I just kinda had this flying sub looking thing in the reflector box...
IMG_6289[1].JPG

Will it ever stop raining?

Jim

@Jim Barnard

That is a RARE middleweight, my friend! The Huffy Silver Jet was introduced in 1961, and continued until 1967. 1961-63 models looked like yours. 1961-63 had taller fins, and a tail light resembling the tail lights on the Chevy Impalas of the time. 1964-67 models had a big chrome box with a lens on rack. Neither of these parts are easy to find, and can run $100 a pop.

Colors varied over the years. 1961-64 Monark Silver Kings were typically in blue. 1965-67 they were red. Huffy Silver Jets varied. 1961-62 models were blue, ‘63 models in gold w/ black and white two tone, 1964-67 were red. Belknap Bluegrass models usually followed Huffy colors, a member here has one. The Coast King Starliner is a new one for me, and is also probably very scarce.

Fender ornaments varied in the early years, and yours is correct for 1961-63 models. I have seen it on Murray bikes too. Another one, featuring red and green jewels, was also used on Huffy and Columbia bikes. 1964-67 had the jet with the red fin, and that one is reproduced (both the fin and the complete ornament are available).

Your bike is 100% correct and original. I wouldn’t do anything but get the electrical items working and ride and show

I own four of these Dayton-built chrome domes...my pride and joy is this ‘65, everything works. I also own a blue girls ‘64 Silver King, a custom ‘66 Silver Jet, and I have a ‘63 girls Silver Jet in the middle of being restored.

4F8EC46C-CB5F-451A-A0A3-BF2EE96A543F.jpeg

5C469526-5856-4499-8FFB-BDCF200B49F9.jpeg

the rocket ship ornament, as partsguy states, was also on Murray's, and is easier to find.

I have it on my 63' Murray built Flying O' Lancer presently, they are cool fender ornaments.

20160304_110937.jpg

Back