When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Middleweight Experts Needed !! Typhoon Fender Cross Reference -

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MatrixFab

Look Ma, No Hands!
Newbie looking for guidance. I just picked up 1964 Red Typhoon with Beat Fenders. What are my options? OEM or Aftermarket like Wald ect. What fits? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Most MW fenders are pretty much interchangeable ( meaning the same wheel size like 26" ) unless you need a crimped front fender for a springer. Walds will fit, but shorter than OE on both ends.

6F66A9F8-F6CD-4C76-99DD-E8466B5BD024.jpeg

Fenders on there look pretty good to me. Is there a problem with them?
Dents can be worked out with a hammer and dolly. Or better yet, have them rolled. There are people here with English Wheels that can fix them for you. Keeping it original if possible is always the best way to go.

Walds are junk, same with the "Cruiser" fenders on ebay.The dont fit and they look goofy. You can find a nice set of Schwinn fenders here or ebay. The set on your bike looks pretty good in the pic. Im looking for a black set in the same shape.

Last edited:
Either your photo isn’t highlighting the damage well, or your standards are very high. I would personally favor “loved” originals over something repainted, or mismatched. If you come across an identical set in better condition, that’s another story. That looks like a really nice bike you have there! Get out and be seen on it!

I appreciate all of the responses. By no means am I looking for a man-cave display bike, I ride "All" my stuff. That being said, these pictures are deceiving as to the condition as these were purchase pics off of CL and do not show the damage.

Your typhoon is very nice..but i know know how you feel that red fades worse than early brick red ones..You can still find the sparkling red fenders on ebay now and then..i would get a set with double support front fenders anyway from a fleet or somethin because you already have truss rods and rack..but very nice bike..

20190101_165947.jpg

Back