When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Middleweight seat mast decal question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Did all 1954 cantilever middleweight frames have this style decal, or was this just for the Jaguar? A while back, I bought a middleweight bicycle which has a serial number of P19963. I learned later that that number
s-l1600[1] (3).jpg
was issued in 1954 and 1956. It was advertised as a 1954, and not knowing much,assumed it was. My decal does not have the "ears" on top of the decal. Thanks again.

That decal in your image was only used on the 1954 balloon Jaguars. Then it changed to the one without the high loops. All the 1955 middleweights used the later issue regardless of the date the serial number was stamped. There were no 1954 middleweights but the first 1955 models built had serial numbers that were stamped in the last part of the 4th quarter 1954.

Just looked up the serial number you posted P19963. It was stamped on the drop out component 01/05 to 01/12/1955 ------- P17601 -------- P21800 and the bike was probably "built" the first of Feb. 1955.

Just looked up the serial number you posted P19963. It was stamped on the drop out component 01/05 to 01/12/1955 ------- P17601 -------- P21800 and the bike was probably "built" the first of Feb. 1955.
Dang it !!!! I hit the wrong key the serial # is P15963

Back