When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Wolfe designing bikes for FELT?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My 2 cents.

honestly....I don't think the 'retro' bikes do much for introducing people to true vintage. The craze has been going strong for about 20 years now.....companies cranking out Chinese etc "retro" cruisers. There is such a 'glut' of these wannabe bikes out there, it's ridiculous.
They totally water down the impact of original vintage balloon bicycles.
It's a cheap and quick fix often times for most people and I think it actually steers folks away from making the effort to 'seek out' vintage bicycles.
Here in So Cal there are so many of these 'retro' import throwaways all over the beach cities where I live, and already rusted and looking 'old' and "patina'd".....that they pretty much dilute the style and image of the actual vintage products.
People have become immune to ACTUAL vintage bicycles .......and these days? Anything that is shiny and restored
rolling around, no matter how rare or bitchin?..... pretty much gets ignored by the casual observer or passerby as they assume it is new product.
I think mainstream America has grown numb to a landscape of repop/retro/classic looking Chinese disposables that look 'vintage'.
Just what we need another 'felt' ballooner adding to the clutter of import confusion.
LOL

I know of 2 people that became interested in old bikes after seeing the new "retro" bikes- my sister, who's family is now into old bikes...and Nick. Actually counting me, that makes 3. :)

My 2 cents too

IN MY OPINION:

The bike with that rack reminds me of a swayback horse. It would provide a nice space if you want to hang a bag from the seat.

Color scheme: Blah

Shorty fenders: Don't look right on a vintage (or repo) balloon tire bike and won't keep you or the bike dry/clean if you ride in the rain or hit
a mudpuddle. (been there done that)

Again, just my opinion.....different strokes for different folks.

I totally agree on the rack and fenders, rack not terrible but would definitely look better with longer fenders.

Darcie

everyone has differant tastes,makes the world go around,i think the newer type crusiers are ay more rider friendly for anyone over 30,they also may make some of the professional restorers alittle edgy cause it may take away some bussiness,a bueatiful older heavy weight bike is nice to look at but how far can someone COMFORTABLEY ride one,there is definetly a placefor RETRO crusiers,just as all ppl have different tastes,there are different levels of commitment to a hobby,old bike or nothing is an antiqwated thought!

Definately agree that new (repops) have their place!

everyone has differant tastes,makes the world go around,i think the newer type crusiers are ay more rider friendly for anyone over 30,they also may make some of the professional restorers alittle edgy cause it may take away some bussiness,a bueatiful older heavy weight bike is nice to look at but how far can someone COMFORTABLEY ride one,there is definetly a placefor RETRO crusiers,just as all ppl have different tastes,there are different levels of commitment to a hobby,old bike or nothing is an antiqwated thought!

I just wish they would make one that would be comforable to ride for taller folks! My knees either hit the bar or feel like they are falling off after about 3 miles.

A 23 inch frame would be fine!!!

check out the 29r bikes-----retro bikes seem to generate alot of posts? if you get a new crusier and want to change some of the stuff on it let your imagination take over and have money left over for lunch at the pizza factory!!!!

Last edited:
Back