Mike Wolfe shout out to the cabe and jeff

This ad disappears when logged in

Awhipple

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 24, 2014
Gilbert Arizona
After all those years on tv they won't be hurting when it ends. I like the show. Yes it is probably set up but i bet there has probably been a lot of bikes saved because someone saw an old bike on the show that Mike bought. If someone prices it to high it won't sell at that price and will eventually come down in price.

frankster41

I live for the CABE
Dec 26, 2009
New Holstein, WI
I happen to like the Pickers show. Over the years I have met Frank and Mike at Davenport Iowa and they always have time to talk to people and they know what they are talking about. They find alot of neat stuff on the show and I like the history they put with an item. Here is a picture of Frank wishing me good luck out on the race track.
Mike is also in the backround. I am on my 1913 Indian twin boardtrack racer.

FB_IMG_1432292573698.jpg

GiovanniLiCalsi

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 29, 2012
Alameda, California
Last edited:

bobcycles

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 30, 2006
so cal beaches
The problem I have with Mike Wolfes portrayal of the bike hobby is how he "past tense's" it.
Sick of hearing his forward blathering how ...."BACK in the 90's or 80's etc....these bikes were
highly collectible"! Like it's over done.

He should pump the hobby up,! Not hammer nails into an imaginary coffin. I stopped watching this show
a long while back after hearing way too much BS regarding 'values' of bikes he or they had found...
so often diminished to 1/2 or even way less than cheap retail.

He should be encouraging people to get involved in the vintage bike hobby. Rather than lamenting it's passing.

Douche!

ranman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Apr 30, 2014
Harrisonville, Mo.
I enjoy the show. I realize it’s all staged but I find it entertaining and interesting.
I’ve met Mike, Frank and Rob. I really enjoyed Mike and Rob and Rob is really outgoing and fun to hang out with. Rob has taken time out to answer questions and point me in the right direction on several issues I had.
I have friends who have been swapping, buying and selling with Mike for over 25 years and refer to him as a stand up guy. These friends are members on here.
I have also ran into folks that think the bikes they are trying to sell are rare and valuable because they are inexperienced and have watched the show. Can’t blame that on the show. Walk away. They will come around or not, who cares.
If you can’t same something good.....

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 26, 2011
Mount Airy, NC
Mike Wolfe is a member here. When I first joined thecabe , he was still somewhat active, just popping in on rare occasion. I'm guessing he hasn't been back in some time. But watch out, he could be lurking:smilingimp: Edit: I don't see him in the registry anymore, but I'm sure he was here years ago

sue12

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aug 7, 2016
sacramento ca
I also enjoy the random picker show. I however do not watch much tv at all. Between my club, see avatar, picking my self, building and learning about the history of what I have and do not have um and fishing who has the time? I root for all and any of us that finds a deal on a dream bike they want or learns the knowledge they need to do something. I learned 90 per cent of what I know form other in person and still am. I don't mistake tv for education on much. One of my best friends of 30 years of trading is a Chicago Schwinn trained mechanic who stopped me when I was flying by his place on my pro caliber and asked me if I knew who fisher is? I took no offence and said yes and we have traded soooo many bikes and parts we both lost track of who is ahead and we both don't care. Remember always when it is not fun any more don't do it. i apologize for the run on bla bla lol.

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
Jul 21, 2011
Mpls, MN
Same as Frankster said, we see Mike and Frank, and usually his brother Robby at the Black Hawk Chief MC meet on Labor Day every year. They always ask Nick if he wants to sell whatever he's riding, and this year we actually had something we were willing to sell, but I guess they didn't want it that bad ;)

The first time Nick met them, years ago, Mike was really nice, chatted with him for about 10 minutes, and was flattered when Nick told him he'd inspired his own bike collecting (true). But in the years since, a victim of their own success maybe -more people are collecting now too- Nick is now treated more like competition :cool:... and they aren't quite as nice to him as they were the first year lol....

....but Robby is always nice. :D And the show is entertaining.

Darcie

Last edited:

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 15, 2010
Riverside, Ca
Same as Frankster said, we see Mike and Frank, and usually his brother Robby at the Black Hawk Chief MC meet on Labor Day every year. They always ask Nick if he wants to sell whatever he's riding, and this year we actually had something we were willing to sell, but I guess they didn't want it that bad ;)

The first time Nick met them, years ago, Mike was really nice, chatted with him for about 10 minutes, and was flattered when Nick told him he'd inspired his own bike collecting (true). But in the years since, a victim of their own success maybe -more people are collecting now too- Nick is now treated more like competition :cool:... and they aren't quite as nice to him as they were the first year lol....

....but Robby is always nice. :D And the show is entertaining.

Darcie
Rob is my favorite. He responds to any questions I have in a very timely manner and spent a good half a day with him about a year or so ago. He's just like the rest of us.

Pedal pushers

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 1, 2016
Burbank
Kinda cool American picker Mike Wolfe gave a shout out to the cabe and the awesome @39zep Jeff Guyer on Instagram today. Check out his recent 37 RMS find.

View attachment 727949
I used to enjoy this show! I’d definitely pick this show -over ANY reality show that usually airs on cable. Unfortunately, I don’t have cable anymore... back to my classics on DVDs ;-)

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$3.79
eBay Auction Picture
$300.00
eBay Auction Picture
$299.99
eBay Auction Picture
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture
$349.99