When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Wolfe shout out to the cabe and jeff

-
yeah, thats it :rolleyes:
maybe its cuz everything you try to buy is "i saw it on pickers" and 15Xs what its worth now

I think he paid $1,000 for that wingbar and valued it at Maybe $1500 which if anything was a low value. And then I'm pretty sure he called Jerry Peters out for being over priced on his bikes. So I don't agree with you. There are several people on here that think everything they have is gold and there stuff sits in the for sale section for months on end. Those are the people you should complain about.

I personally could care less what some garage sale guy thinks his Schwinn Breeze is worth.
We're the ones that are setting the prices on collectable bikes.
The American Pickers have had no affect on the price range at all.
They typically get the stuff artificially cheap.
I'm sure it's all for theatre, but $1,000 dollars for a original uncirculated Double Duty Autocycle doesn't sound like driving the price up to me.
Several of the guys right here offered upwards of $8,000 for that bike the night that episode aired.
Talk about driving the price up.
The only thing the American Pickers have done, is increase people's awareness that this stuff has some value and should be spared.
I think that's a good thing, so I enjoy the show, and watch it whenever I can.
It scares my wife though, because she thinks our place is going to end up looking like some of the mega stashes they encounter.
I tell her not to worry, because that will never happen. Lol!

When the show dies and it will.... he and his buddies will be back sluming it at swaps... better save your coins up I don’t see a tv star in your future. As far a jelous is concerned.... no. Just tired of the “pickers”syndrome every weekend.

Last edited:
I like Mike Wolfe... He has done a lot to promote interest in the Antique Bicycle Collecting Hobby- both by bringing old bikes to the attention of younger viewers and by sharing the histories of some of the companies- from High Wheels and Safeties to Balloon Bikes and even to collectible racing bikes of his youth. This show has no doubt made young people become aware and interested in all sorts of Antiques, including Bicycles - which makes them start to look for these things. No doubt at least a few of You on this forum have benefited from this exposed interest which brings more old Bikes out of hiding and to the marketplace. I agree that the show is scripted and contrived for entertainment value. But Mike didn`t have to add Bicycles to the content-- he could just buy them all and take them home without showing us.
But, "FRANK", I don`t like at all... Just my two cents...-------God Bless,---Cowboy

Back