When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Wolfe shout out to the cabe and jeff

-
After all those years on tv they won't be hurting when it ends. I like the show. Yes it is probably set up but i bet there has probably been a lot of bikes saved because someone saw an old bike on the show that Mike bought. If someone prices it to high it won't sell at that price and will eventually come down in price.

I happen to like the Pickers show. Over the years I have met Frank and Mike at Davenport Iowa and they always have time to talk to people and they know what they are talking about. They find alot of neat stuff on the show and I like the history they put with an item. Here is a picture of Frank wishing me good luck out on the race track.
Mike is also in the backround. I am on my 1913 Indian twin boardtrack racer.

FB_IMG_1432292573698.jpg

The problem I have with Mike Wolfes portrayal of the bike hobby is how he "past tense's" it.
Sick of hearing his forward blathering how ...."BACK in the 90's or 80's etc....these bikes were
highly collectible"! Like it's over done.

He should pump the hobby up,! Not hammer nails into an imaginary coffin. I stopped watching this show
a long while back after hearing way too much BS regarding 'values' of bikes he or they had found...
so often diminished to 1/2 or even way less than cheap retail.

He should be encouraging people to get involved in the vintage bike hobby. Rather than lamenting it's passing.

Douche!

I enjoy the show. I realize it’s all staged but I find it entertaining and interesting.
I’ve met Mike, Frank and Rob. I really enjoyed Mike and Rob and Rob is really outgoing and fun to hang out with. Rob has taken time out to answer questions and point me in the right direction on several issues I had.
I have friends who have been swapping, buying and selling with Mike for over 25 years and refer to him as a stand up guy. These friends are members on here.
I have also ran into folks that think the bikes they are trying to sell are rare and valuable because they are inexperienced and have watched the show. Can’t blame that on the show. Walk away. They will come around or not, who cares.
If you can’t same something good.....

Back