When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Wolfe shout out to the cabe and jeff

-
I like seeing the crybabies about American Pickers and shows like Fast & Loud.. their motives to complain are numerous.. all a bunch of selfish crybabies.. I like both shows..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Wolfe is a member here. When I first joined thecabe , he was still somewhat active, just popping in on rare occasion. I'm guessing he hasn't been back in some time. But watch out, he could be lurking:smilingimp: Edit: I don't see him in the registry anymore, but I'm sure he was here years ago

Mike shooting me for pre pickers pitch video:

MikeWolfeshootsPG.jpg

Hmm why am I not a star!?

I'm not really a TV viewer, but I think it's nice he put in a good word for the CABE. I would take it as a simple compliment and not grouse or wring hands too much. It's good the CABE and its member base have been helpful.

I also enjoy the random picker show. I however do not watch much tv at all. Between my club, see avatar, picking my self, building and learning about the history of what I have and do not have um and fishing who has the time? I root for all and any of us that finds a deal on a dream bike they want or learns the knowledge they need to do something. I learned 90 per cent of what I know form other in person and still am. I don't mistake tv for education on much. One of my best friends of 30 years of trading is a Chicago Schwinn trained mechanic who stopped me when I was flying by his place on my pro caliber and asked me if I knew who fisher is? I took no offence and said yes and we have traded soooo many bikes and parts we both lost track of who is ahead and we both don't care. Remember always when it is not fun any more don't do it. i apologize for the run on bla bla lol.

Same as Frankster said, we see Mike and Frank, and usually his brother Robby at the Black Hawk Chief MC meet on Labor Day every year. They always ask Nick if he wants to sell whatever he's riding, and this year we actually had something we were willing to sell, but I guess they didn't want it that bad ;)

The first time Nick met them, years ago, Mike was really nice, chatted with him for about 10 minutes, and was flattered when Nick told him he'd inspired his own bike collecting (true). But in the years since, a victim of their own success maybe -more people are collecting now too- Nick is now treated more like competition :cool:... and they aren't quite as nice to him as they were the first year lol....

....but Robby is always nice. :D And the show is entertaining.

Darcie

Last edited:
Same as Frankster said, we see Mike and Frank, and usually his brother Robby at the Black Hawk Chief MC meet on Labor Day every year. They always ask Nick if he wants to sell whatever he's riding, and this year we actually had something we were willing to sell, but I guess they didn't want it that bad ;)

The first time Nick met them, years ago, Mike was really nice, chatted with him for about 10 minutes, and was flattered when Nick told him he'd inspired his own bike collecting (true). But in the years since, a victim of their own success maybe -more people are collecting now too- Nick is now treated more like competition :cool:... and they aren't quite as nice to him as they were the first year lol....

....but Robby is always nice. :D And the show is entertaining.

Darcie
Rob is my favorite. He responds to any questions I have in a very timely manner and spent a good half a day with him about a year or so ago. He's just like the rest of us.

Kinda cool American picker Mike Wolfe gave a shout out to the cabe and the awesome @39zep Jeff Guyer on Instagram today. Check out his recent 37 RMS find.

View attachment 727949
I used to enjoy this show! I’d definitely pick this show -over ANY reality show that usually airs on cable. Unfortunately, I don’t have cable anymore... back to my classics on DVDs ;)

Last edited:
Back