When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military Bike Display at Military Vehicle Event April 2023 in California, USA

-

Houndsworth

Look Ma, No Hands!
There will be a "Military Motorcycle, Scooter, and Bicycle Showcase" in California, USA on April 21, 2023 at the Camp Plymouth Swap Meet & Military Vehicle Show which is April 19 through 22. This is the largest annual event for ex-military vehicles in the western USA. I am the coordinator and will bring my three BSA bicycles and 1941 Indian 640 motorcycle. Besides a casual show of ex-military vehicles of all types, this is a swap meet. With more than the usual number of military bicycle fans likely to attend, this might be a good place to sell and buy parts. Anybody is welcome to sell with no vendor fee, just rent a camp space. No admission fee to this show.

I attached a downloadable flyer for the showcase plus a general event flyer. We attract military vehicle owners and fans from many states and several countries. Some combine this with visiting the many regional tourist destinations in Northern California. For example the tiny town of Plymouth dates from the Gold Rush that started in 1849. Many historic "old west" sites are along Highway 49, and San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, and Lake Tahoe are within a couple hours.

If you are in range of this event, please bring your bikes and parts - any condition! I am looking for a BSA folder rear wheel assembly, and a crank/pedal assembly with late style, reenforced pedal arms.

John

Attachments

• Bike Showcase flyer 101722.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • Plymouth 2023 ver 8 flyer.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Latest event flyer with the artwork that will be on the commemorative T-shirts and other merchandise available at the promoter's headquarters tent by the RV Village entrance.

Tan CP flyer T-shirt logo version 122722 with TM.png

Any event similar to this in February 2023?
I just spotted this. Yes there is a similar but much smaller event this weekend in Parker, AZ, and one in Cove Springs, FL this weekend. Probably too late for you to plan either, but I think they both repeat annually. To see military vehicle event calendars, the Military Vehicle Preservation Association has one at www.MVPA.org and my club, the promoter of the above event, has a calendar at www.MVCCNews.net. www.G503.com is a military vehicle-related message board and they have an Events chat forum. So does the similar www.SteelSoldiers.com.

I attached the latest fliers - these show the awards sponsors for People's Choice Contests at the three themed vehicle showcase displays. The bike showcase is planned for RV site 190 just inside the 49er Village RV Resort entrance, next to the promotor's HQ tent. If it looks like that won't be big enough it will likely be at the Amphitheater in the middle of the facility. I'd appreciate hearing who is planning to bring what. My contact info is on the bike flyer.

It is important for anyone wanting to attend this event and camp at the venue to follow the procedure shown on the event page on www.MVCCNews.net on the Events tab. Go to the Basic Training link, read about it, and then download and print the camping reservation form. Send this to our coordinator. At the 49er Village RV Resort, we have a block of discounted RV sites and cabins. She assigns those site numbers and gives the office a list of whose name is on what site. Then you contact the 49er office to put money on it. If she has unreserved sites on March 19 she will return them to the 49er, and people wanting one have to go through the RV village's normal reservation process. The prices will be higher and could fluctuate as the event week gets closer and depending on their available inventory.

For the tent camping village at the adjacent fairgrounds, same process but the MVCC takes the money and she assigns sites right up to the event, if available. No price changes there.

The MVs and vendors are on both sides of our event. Visitor parking lot is at the fairgrounds on Empire street. No admission or parking fees.

Tan CP  flyer 012623.png

Bike Showcase flyer 012623.jpg

Last edited:
Back