When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military bsa military paratrooper find help!

-
No worries, it"s interesting to see it.

I think the early ones amounted to around 2500 examples, but the survival rate will be lower than the later ones because they were earlier, so more likely to have been used operationally (the Bruneval raid in 1942 almost certainly only used this type), and the frames are weaker.

Here are some operational details, including Bruneval.

https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A87763666

Do ask if there's anything more you'd like to know?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Wow! combat used ! Totally awesome! 2500 I see it being a really rare bike...Definitely worthy of a resurrection.. thank you I really enjoy reading the history to this bike. I don’t think im going to clean up the welds on it...it kinda fits the history and showing the weakness of this bike also It might have been repaired during the war who knows.. I like it!

Got this cool bike today off c-list. Never seen one with the added seat post.. I liked it so I got it. I know it’s paratrooper it came from Cali it been in one family for 40 years called a type 1. I Heres what I like to know.... what year? is it rare? how hard is it to get parts? what’s missing or original to it? Is there any thing I need to know about it. I would really appreciate it. It looks like there might be a chance to save the original paint but I’m not counting on it ... thanks.

View attachment 698227

View attachment 698228

View attachment 698229

View attachment 698230

View attachment 698231

View attachment 698232

View attachment 698233

View attachment 698234

View attachment 698235

View attachment 698236

View attachment 698237

View attachment 698238

Yes, the so-called Early Model - lots more rare than the one with the large seat tube that the seat post slips into. I have one, and an earlier one with hinges fabbed from angle steel rather than castings riveted together. And handlebar T-nut different than later bikes. See my signature photo.

Serial number is stamped by the left rear axle. Starts with an R. I don't know at what number the frame changed. My early models are 12XX and 5XXX. Maybe there are posts about this here. I haven't been following thecabe.com for a while.

Are the wheel rims plated or is that just the lighting?

The big military vehicle event in Petaluma, CA in April 2018 is featuring military motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles. If you can bring yours, that would be great! It's at a large KOA campground. As the news gets out there possibly people will bring parts you might need. Camp Petaluma is a large parts and militaria swap meet plus a vehicle gathering. I'll have my 3 BSAs there.

BBAB26F4-0E22-4982-AB73-C805E8DA4991.jpeg
Thank you for your help this has been a interesting bike for me.. I found the serial number on the rear. The bars are t type. The rims are painted green or a dark black it’s painted over but I scraped it slightly the hubs look original. He replaced the rear sprocket on it. Looks like I can save the orig. paint but it will be slow Here’s a pic of the #’s

A78B66D1-9836-4F35-A01B-0CC0490B831E.jpeg

340D7670-F497-428F-B817-F1C7B625EE94.jpeg

853618BA-DBEC-4E02-A328-B6C4462D2D50.jpeg

72936DD3-2EE9-4ED9-A178-2B4A24285813.jpeg

F5156878-70C8-42E5-A138-3426CD27C34E.jpeg

2F19D874-B632-4DC7-AD1B-A938F3875A68.jpeg

A83432A1-3BF1-4E2E-BD84-59AE9C28E63D.jpeg

Thanks for the tip about the event in Petaluma. I will put it on my calendar and bring my military bikes.

Yes, the so-called Early Model - lots more rare than the one with the large seat tube that the seat post slips into. I have one, and an earlier one with hinges fabbed from angle steel rather than castings riveted together. And handlebar T-nut different than later bikes. See my signature photo.

Serial number is stamped by the left rear axle. Starts with an R. I don't know at what number the frame changed. My early models are 12XX and 5XXX. Maybe there are posts about this here. I haven't been following thecabe.com for a while.

Are the wheel rims plated or is that just the lighting?

The big military vehicle event in Petaluma, CA in April 2018 is featuring military motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles. If you can bring yours, that would be great! It's at a large KOA campground. As the news gets out there possibly people will bring parts you might need. Camp Petaluma is a large parts and militaria swap meet plus a vehicle gathering. I'll have my 3 BSAs there.

I like it Mark. Good luck with this one. Love to see it get back to down to the original green, or what's left of it.

Sweet find.I have a friend that has an all original.I have been trying for years to buy it off him.No luck.

Thanks I’m gonna try to remove this paint it’s coming off but if not.. I’m going to to a patina resto and leave the repair on the frame since it’s part of the reason they were discarded .. sometimes it has to be saved and restored

Back