When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miller gen set question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

FICHT 150

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello. Does anyone know what the rear bulb voltage is supposed to be on a 6 V Miller generator set?
With a 6V, it kills the headlight. With a 2.5V, not much changes. With no bulb (the way I got it) the front bulb burns bright and white.

The front bulb is marked "6V, Miller, Great Britain" so, I'm pretty sure that is correct. It is the Generator with the taillight built into the generator bracket. They built lots of them.

Thanks,
Ted

Hello. Does anyone know what the rear bulb voltage is supposed to be on a 6 V Miller generator set?
With a 6V, it kills the headlight. With a 2.5V, not much changes. With no bulb (the way I got it) the front bulb burns bright and white.

The front bulb is marked "6V, Miller, Great Britain" so, I'm pretty sure that is correct. It is the Generator with the taillight built into the generator bracket. They built lots of them.

Thanks,
Ted

When I was a kid, we used to put standard 3v flashlight bulbs in the rear lights. If memory serves, it had to be one of those "penlite" bulbs, that has the little lens and the threaded base. They were probably not really right, though, 'cause the tail light was always a little brighter than it needed to be, and the headlamp was mighty dim, unless you were going down a pretty good sized hill. I can remember many a night ride home from my buddy's house, a mile up the road, by the dim light from the generator on my Raleigh Rudge. Fortunately, it was mostly down hill from Roger's house to mine, and we lived in a pretty rural area, so there wasn't much traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back