When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milremo fork crown?

-

Jesper

Wore out three sets of tires already!
@juvela are you familiar with this crown design? Possibly a Milremo?

unknown fork crown.jpg

-----

here is an illustration of some Milremo fork crown designs am sure you must have seen previously -

Milremo:BOCAMA crowns .jpg

the pattern was fairly popular with Italian makers from roughly the later 1950's and into the early 1970's

no less a luminary than Giuseppe Pela employed it

have long assumed the forged crowns illustrated in the above image to be BOCAMA product but have no hard information so could easily be in error...

the fact that Andy placed his imprimateur upon it pretty much guarantees it to be of Frankish origin...

in addition to the "big three" Gaul had some other less well known makers of raccords such as the firm A. Crozet

Crozet lugs . jpg.jpg

-----

Last edited:
Here is the perforated bottom bracket shell. Unsure if it was original from the builder, or done later in its life. The holes do not appear to be evenly laid out, and the large one to the front would only serve to catch more water and grit flying off the front tire. Closest I have seen is on early Colnago Supers with 8 small holes surrounding a larger center hole. Regardless, I have never seen that pattern anywhere. I have not seen frames (Italian) with those dimples in the rear nozzles. The frame (mid '70s) is a repaint with Chesini decals. Definitely not a Chesini! Huret front (700 series?) and rear mechs (model?).

97B20F23-B0C0-488A-A30E-517ED286DDB3.jpeg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Last edited:
Back