When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milton-'35 Shelby Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I bought this bike from our illustrious CABE owner just because I really like the early balloon tire motorbikes and I could see the cool factor which the seat lent to this one. The bike had been house painted over what was left of the original blue and white so no saving any original paint. I am patina restoring this bike and will make it kinda crusty to match the bars, seat, and other parts. I also added the bell and headlight. The tail light was originally generator driven but I'm mounting a switch inside the tank to power it off batteries. So here is what I started with...
deluxe1.jpg
deluxe2.jpg
deluxe3.jpg
deluxe4.jpg
deluxe6.jpg
deluxe8.jpg

So the bike is badged as a Western Flyer and after checking around couldn't find anyone to do it the way I wanted so I generated my design based off period advertisement, got the frisket paper, exacto knife, and made my own stencils. I then trimmed the design in gold using a Sharpie paint marker which I'm also using to pinstripe the darts. The beauty of a patina restore, besides saving a butt load of money on chrome and cad, is minor blemishes are ok because I can use them as part of the distressing or make them go away with some well placed 'wear'.
DSC_0240.JPG
DSC_0242.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0244.JPG

Dude if you did those pinstripes with a sharpie, you sold me they look amazing! I want to add some distressed pinstripes to another bike of mine and that right there is the answer, thanks for that, and just so you know I save a lot of your pics and screenshot them on my phone for reference, hope you don't mind ;) can't wait to see this one together

Aaron

Great distressing job!!!
Wish you had bought my bike, $600 shipped but with painted fenders.

Back