When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini Twin

-
i always thought the rentals were orange, as i had a original guard a while back, i guess like always if you know a guy it'll get done

Looks like a long time ago someone repainted it red. He or she couldn't find the original Mini Twin decal and put in something else. I doubt if Schwinn did this.

They came with a Bendix Yellow band 2 speed kickback on the rear.
Not all had 2 speed kiickback hubs...this NOS never assembled one
68 CG Mini Twinn 001.JPG
was a coaster model...

Really nice. I also noticed that most have rear half fenders. My mini has a full size fender in the rear..
View attachment 729418

Daughter and I riding Xmas Day.

View attachment 729419
That's the picture I wanted to see! Fantastic!

The half, or short fender was the normal piece for this bike. The full fender was not used on this model normally. Getting the full fender on one is not exactly a walk in the park. It took most of an afternoon to get the one I put on mine to go into place They weren't designed to fit this frame.

Glad to see the "Ride Shot"
REC

Nice find in red, but agree, have only read about the 3 other colors and see that in the factory materials. Attached is a picture of mine. I have an extra front seat that I may part with if you are still in need of one, just let me know. It's the one on the bike, thanks.

IMG_6319.JPG

Bike isn’t original paint ,Schwinn mini twinns ,came in sky blue ,coppertone and campus green.the only oddball paint you’ll see is if the mini Twinn was ordered from the fActory as a “rental” bike .in that case the bike came sky blue and the chainguard was orange and silk screened “mini Twinn”. These are very hard to find.This mini has a full size rear fender ,”deluxe Twinn” water transfer decal on the chain guard ,and wrong fork darts as well .schwinn chainguards were silk screened .someone put. that bike together, did a Amateur restoration and sold it with a story .i confident there weren’t 20 minis ordered .if anything maybe 26” twinns.

Back